Can kids use design thinking to improve their own education?
With your help… YES (See below for how you can help)
Imagine an event where 5 students win $1,000 to implement their idea to improve the education at their school.
We call it the *Reframe $1,000 School Hack Challenge*
- WHY > Kids need agency over their own education
- WHAT > Design thinking applied to educational improvement.
- HOW > Hack-a-thon for kids, by kids
- WHO > Students ages 13 - 18
- WHEN > Sat Mar 11, 8AM to 8PM
- WHERE > Location TBD
- HOW MUCH > FREE with FOOD/
- Students will arrive at 8AM to develop ideas and connect into groups about the ideas that inspire them.
- Students will be mentored by maker experts to prototype their idea.
- Students will then test their idea with real teachers.
- The groups will continuously improve and test their idea.
- They will then develop a presentation with their mentors and pitch to a group of expert judges.
WHAT WE NEED…
Love the idea?
We need the following:
* Students and Parents /The More the Merrier/
* Teacher coaches
* Tech mentors
Really interested, but don’t know how to help? Have questions? Contact us at (323) 795-5743 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d love you to send this to anyone and everyone you think could help. THANKS!